The solar power box

I finally got around to completing a project I got started on months ago, and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I am a huge fan of alternative energy, especially solar and wind power. I think that in the future, these technologies will be affordable enough that everyone that has the spare... Continue Reading →

Vector clocks and quorum consensus

While designing a distributed message queue, I noted that it would be difficult to properly order messages between a quorum of nodes if the system clocks between the nodes are not perfectly in sync or if messages came in faster than the system's minimum tick resolution. For example, on Windows 2008 R2 virtual machines running... Continue Reading →

Blog at

Up ↑